is the science of protecting and improving the health + safety of communities through education, promotion of healthy lifestyles, and research for disease and injury prevention.
Public Health is an exciting and growing field that lets you make a
From investigating disease outbreaks to developing lead screening and immunization programs for children and their families, Public Health professionals impact our community everyday in a big way. They work to understand how our social behaviors, habits, and environment affect us, and how we can improve them. Public Health professionals are the architects of a healthier future.
Public Health Careers involve the application of many different types of disciplines:
and much more!
- Pathways to Public Health
- “This is Public Health” campaign
- NC Public Health Academy
- NC Public Health Nursing
Public Health Job posting sites
- NC Alliance of Public Health Agencies
- American Public Health Association CareerMart
- Partners in Information Access for the Public Health Workforce
- Public Health Jobs.net
- Public Health Employment Connection
- NC Chapter Society for Public Health Education Job Bank
Financial Assistance/Scholarships / Loan Forgiveness
- Young Epidemiology Scholars Program for high school juniors and seniors
- National Health Service Corps Scholarship Program
- National Health Service Corps Federal & State Loan Repayment Programs
- Nursing Education Loan Repayment Program Health Resources and Services Administration, US Department of Health and Human Services
- Public Service Loan Forgiveness (eligible positions are within government, military, public health, public education/early childhood education, public safety and law enforcement, public child care, social work in public child or family service agency, etc.)
- Perkins Loan Forgiveness Programs (Nurses & Social Workers eligible)